Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wicked

I tried out yet another nail polish on my toes: Essie in Wicked.



I love it! The color is just this rich, deep, beautiful burgundy. It's not too in-your-face red but it's not too dark it almost looks black. It takes about three coats to get the color right, though. If you only put one coat on, the dark hue won't show so you have to layer it on. Once you do get it right, the resulting shade is just glamorous and ultra sexy. I like how it offsets my feet. As my pedicurist/manicurist Sherlyn (from Nail Loft in San Juan) says, the color is "nakakaputi." True true! My feet don't look washed out. This shade really suits a whole range of skin tones. I like the shine too. It's only my second day so I have yet to see how chip-resistant this product is.

I'll do a review of Nail Loft in San Juan next time, when I get pictures. I've been meaning to do it for the longest time but whenever I go there, I always forget my camera or my phone's low batt, which means I can't take pictures. For now, I'd just like to say that Nail Loft, along J.A. Santos in San Juan is my nail spa of choice these days. What I love about that place is it's really value for your money. The service is fantastic and the prices are uber-reasonable. I spent only 550 bucks for a foot spa with hydrating mask, french tips manicure (as always) and a pedicure. They have other packages, including packages for guys. All of them are pretty inexpensive. The place has this charming, girly-girl ambiance which I also like. Anyway I'll do a more comprehensive review next time.

No comments: